NAMI Basics is a free education program for parents and caregivers for youth (age 22 or younger) who are experiencing mental health symptoms.
To meet increasing demand for more convenient access to the program, NAMI created an OnDemand version of NAMI Basics, which is offered online and available 24/7. It offers parents and caregivers the unique opportunity to quickly realize they’re not alone. Recovery is a journey, and there is hope.
What you will learn
- Problem solving and effective communication skills
- Self-care and stress management tips
- Understanding that mental health conditions are no one’s fault
- Developing the confidence and stamina to support your child with compassion
- Advocating for your child’s rights at school and in health care settings
- Learning about different types of mental health care professionals, available treatment options and therapies
- Preparing for and responding to crisis
- Gaining an overview of the public mental health care, school and juvenile justice systems
- Understanding the challenges and impact of mental health conditions on your entire family
- Brain biology and getting a diagnosis
If you aren’t already a NAMI member, we invite you to join us. Membership Page.