NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group are free, peer-led support groups for adults (18+) living with mental illness. You will gain insight from hearing the challenges and successes of others. The groups are led by NAMI trained facilitators who’ve been where you are.
All NAMI Support Groups are unique because they follow a structured model to ensure you and others in the group have an opportunity to be heard and to get what you need.
Find a local NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Support Group
Monday Group- 1st and 3rd Monday Evenings, 7:00pm – 8:30 pm
Please check our calendar for updated schedule/closings
What you will gain
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you gain hope and develop relationships. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
• Find strength in sharing experiences with others
• Aim for better coping skills
• Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
• See the individual first, not the illness
• Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
• Not judge anyone’s pain
• Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
• Embrace humor as healthy
• Work for a better future in a realistic way
For more information or to sign up for a Connection Support Group please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you aren’t already a NAMI member, we invite you to join us. Learn more here: Membership Page