Next Available Classes
As of March 16, 2020 all in person education programs have been suspended until further notice. We encourage you to join one of our Zoom support groups starting the week of April 1, 2020. If you would like to join one of our volunteer led, online support programs, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining us, please register by filling out the NAMI Family-to-Family Registration form.
The Family-to-Family education course was created by an experienced family-member who was also a mental health professional. This free course is offered as a community service to family members and caregivers of adult persons living with mental illness.
Pre-registration is required. Register HERE.
The course consists of a series of eight (8) weekly classes and balances education and skill training with self-care, emotional support, and empowerment. This course is now being offered in 49 states, Canada, Italy and Mexico; has been translated into five foreign languages; and has been completed by over 300,000 people.
The course will provide:
- Up-to-date information about a range of mental illnesses, including co-occurring mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
- Impact of mental illness on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including medication, side effects and evidence-based therapies. Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively.
- Strategies for self-care including management of stress and emotional overload.
- Guidance on locating appropriate local supports and services.
Perhaps most importantly, as a participant you can gain comfort in knowing you are not alone. Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all families and individuals dealing with a mental illness. The in-person group experience of NAMI Family to Family provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
For more information about Family-to-Family, or to register for our next class, contact our NAMI Family-to-Family coordinator by filling out the NAMI Family-to-Family Registration form. We ask that class participants are members of NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties. If you aren’t already a member please join via our Membership Page.