Happy New Year each of you! I sincerely hope that the holiday season was a success. After a needed break, NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties is back for 2016 and hitting the ground running. There are several new initiatives this year that I will be sharing with you in the coming months. First, the 2016 start of our NAMI Signature programs. In the next couple of weeks, we will begin a new Family to Family class, as well as a NAMI Basics. Both require pre-registration, but there is still space available. Don’t delay, register today by clicking one of the links above.
I like to keep you all up-to-date on the board happenings and there is one important and exciting bit of news to share. We have added a new board member to the NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties Board. Jean M. Miller, MA, LPC, NCC, ACS is the Campus College Chair, College of Social Sciences at University of Phoenix. Her vast professional credentials, interest in mental health and humanitarian heart make her a perfect fit. We are thrilled she agreed to join us.
A few interesting facts about Jean…
- Over 17 years of experience in counseling, human services, and higher education.
- Values holistic development and her therapeutic focus supports client growth in getting to know their authentic selves.
- Her research focus is on mindfulness, which is a technique that fosters inner calmness, increased awareness, and a sense of well-being, while decreasing stress, depression, and anxiety, and benefiting overall health and well-being.
- Possesses an MA degree in Counseling, and is in the final dissertation phase of a PhD program. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC), and an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS).
- All ventures united by the mission of mindful living and sharing its benefits with others.
- Experienced presenter, counselor, clinical supervisor, group facilitator, and teacher of educational trainings, workshops, and community classes.
- In her free time, Jean loves to spend time with her family and friends, including her husband of 21 years and her two incredible children.
- Focuses on supporting her own holistic development in the areas of spirituality and self-development, through activities such as reading, walks in nature, and yoga.
- Actively involved in community organizations that support mental health, as a Board Member of South Metro Health Alliance, and now NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties
If you see Jean around, I encourage you to introduce yourself and welcome her aboard. Many good things to come in 2016, with new opportunities to get involved. I do hope you will join us!