It is with great pleasure that we announce that Julie A. Corbett has joined the NAMI Arapahoe/Douglas Counties Board of Directors. Our board unanimously agreed on this decision after she attended our August meeting and agreed to a nomination.
Julie is a seasoned marketing professional who currently works within the mental health field and along with her professional pursuits she brings a personal passion for mental health.
Her first involvement with NAMI was after the Sandy Hook tragedy. Since then her involvement has expanded. In addition to her new board role, she also is actively involved with NAMI Walks, serving on the Walk Marketing Committee. A few other interesting things to know about Julie and the enthusiasm she brings to us:
- Has a heart to make a difference and provide assistance and resources for people in need
- MBA in Health Care Administration from the University of Colorado, Denver
- Council Member for the Behavioral Health Planning and Advisory Council for the Colorado Department of Human Services
- Marketing Specialist with twenty plus years in business and healthcare markets – currently a Community Liaison for Highlands Behavioral Health System (marketing and public relations)
- Graphic design skills – flyers, posters, brochures, rack cards, etc. (AllYouNeedGraphicDesign.com)
I do hope everyone will join us in welcoming Julie to the NAMI Arapahoe/ Douglas Counties team. We look forward to her energy and dedication to the great work we do within our community. Welcome, Julie!